National Paralegal Certification
AIPS Certified Paralegal Test Prep Course offered by AIPS
National paralegal certification is voluntary and not required by a government agency. Many graduates of American Institute for Paralegal Studies (AIPS) desire to continue their education and attain the professional designation of Certified Paralegal (CP)(formerly known as Certified Legal Assistant, or CLA). This designation is achieved by taking the Certified Paralegal (CP) Exam, which is designed and implemented by the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA). AIPS recognizes the goal of achieving significant competence, as a paralegal, and provides a Certified Paralegal Test Preparation Course that prepares qualified graduates for the NALA exam and for paralegal certification.
Whether or not you take the NALA exam should be based on several things:
- Do you want the extra credential?
- How will it affect your marketability?
- Will having the CP designation make a difference in your salary, responsibility, etc., if you are already a practicing paralegal?
- Do you qualify for the exam?
Each student has to make that decision for himself/herself. However, the national trend seems to be toward national paralegal certification in some manner. Having the Certified Paralegal (CP) or Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) credential will put you ahead of the curve.
In its 2010 Utilization and Compensation Survey, NALA found that paralegals who had earned the CP designation earned more, annually, than non-CP credentialed paralegals. Paralegals holding a CP Specialist designation earned more, annually, than those who lacked that designation. You may view the latest Utilization and Compensation Survey findings, and a summary of the report, by going to NALA’s website at http://www.nala.org/survey.aspx
To see if you qualify to take the exam, and to learn more about the exam content, go to http://www.nala.org/exam-desc.aspx.
What you need to know about the AIPS Certified Paralegal Test Prep Course:
- The course is an intensive 7-week, four-credit online course that will prepare you for national paralegal certification via the CP (Certified Paralegal) exam from NALA
- You will work one-on-one with an instructor
- The course is free to AIPS graduates who take the course within two calendar years from their originally scheduled graduation date
- Graduates who are past their two year period may take the course at the alumni rate for a two credit class, plus books and materials.
- There is a CP Test Prep Course book fee for all students – approximately $230.00
- Graduates from other paralegal programs may take the course for a fee (click here for Tuition info)
Are you ready for the challenge of pursuing your paralegal certification? Register, today, for the AIPS Certified Paralegal Test Prep Course!